Win a Super Bowl LI Experience
Are you ready for some football?
EFGA is beyond excited to announce an incredible opportunity to offer to someone living with epilepsy thanks to a very generous partner!
Would you like to win 2 tickets to the Super Bowl? EFGA is offering a special opportunity to someone who is living with epilepsy. We will be running a contest to win a trip to the Super Bowl for two, including airfare and accommodations. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience!
CONTEST RULES – Please Read Carefully!
- The contest is only open to people with epilepsy, seizures or a seizure disorder. Contestants must be 18 years of age (a caretaker may enter on behalf of person with seizures under the age of 18), be a legal resident of Georgia and be able to attend Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas (accommodations included for Saturday, February 4 – Tuesday, February 7). Please note, a doctor’s confirmation and proof of residency will be required.
- Contestant must use Twitter to submit a 140 character tweet to @EpilepsyGA stating why they should win. Only 1 entry per person, duplicates or entries beyond the 140 character limit will be disqualified. Tweets will only be accepted from Sunday, January 8 at 10am ET through Sunday, January 15 at 10am ET.
- EFGA will select 5 Tweets to continue onto the second round. Once the 5 finalists are determined and confirmed as eligible, EFGA will announce the finalists via website. Beginning Thursday, January 19th at 12pm ET, EFGA will posts the finalists to both Instagram and Facebook. Finalists will have until Monday, January 23rd at 12pm ET to receive as many likes as possible. Totals from Instagram and Facebook will be tallied and the winner will be announced.
Please note that EFGA reserves the right to deem any entry ineligible if it does not meet the criteria. See a full list of official rules and regulations below. No contestant shall contact the EFGA office regarding contest, as this will not increase your chances of winning.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR DONATION DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who have epilepsy, seizures or a seizure disorder (a doctor’s attestation will be required) and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. A caretaker of a person with seizures under the age of 18 may enter on their behalf. The contest is only open to legal residents of GEORGIA, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees, Board of Directors and Professional Advisory Board Members of the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia (also known as EFGA), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: First Round of Contest entries will be accepted on Twitter beginning Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 10am Eastern Time and ending Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 10am. Only qualified will be accepted. Once the initial entries have been received, EFGA will review and select 5 (five) finalists to move onto the next round. The Second Round will consist of a social media contest, in which EFGA will post the finalist’s story on Facebook and Instagram, whoever receives the most likes beginning Thursday, January 19, 2017 at Noon through Monday, January 23, 2017 at Noon will be the winner.
4. How to Enter: For First Round entries, the Contestant must enter by submitting a 140 character tweet to the Twitter handle @EpilepsyGA stating why they should be chosen to win this context. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. Once the First Round has ended, EFGA will select 5 entries to continue to the Second Round, in which the Contestant’s will be notified and given further instructions. The Second Round will consist of a social media contest, in which EFGA will post the finalist’s story on Facebook and Instagram, whoever receives the most likes will be determined as the winner.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive [2 (two) tickets to Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas on Sunday, February 5, 2017, hotel accommodations, airfare and spending money, approximate retail value $25,000]. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable, winner agrees to only accept if he/she intends to use the prize as given. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by social media vote under the supervision of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. Winner will be notified by email and/or phone within one business day following the end of contest. Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 1 day from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF GEORGIA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia, anyone acting on behalf of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia, and Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia will provide the winner via website, epilepsyga.org once it has been announced.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia, 6065 Roswell Road, Suite 715, Atlanta, Georgia 30328.
15. Associations: The Contest hosted by Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
16. By entering the contest via Twitter, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
You may download a copy of the Official Rules here.