2014: A Year In Review
This year brought many new and exciting changes our way. Bonnie Leadbetter took office as our new board president in May, with the addition of several new board members. We have recharged our social media platforms, started a new awareness campaign, #1in26, and we rolled out a fresh, updated logo. We are pleased to announce new support groups in Columbus and Dalton! In addition, the board of directors and professional advisory board worked together to create our position on medical marijuana..
Check out what we were able to accomplish in 2014 —
- The 2014 Taste of Love gala celebrated its 10th Anniversary, raising a record breaking $485,000.
- EFGA held its 4th annual session of StudioE, providing art therapy for 12 participants.
- 3 summer camps were held, hosting 72 scholarship recipients.
- The 2014 Magnolia Run had more than 1600 participants, hosting 90 teams and raised over $145,000. This is the most ever raised at the Magnolia Run in 31 years!!
- The Annual Campaign had 100% participation from both the Board of Directors and Professional Advisory Board raising more than $57,000.
- The 6th Annual Emory Epilepsy Symposium hosted 125 participants for a day of learning.
- Epilepsy Awareness Month (November) was a great success with the recharge of social media platforms with daily postings of facts, stories, and encouraging followers to share as well. Awareness events totaled 8 raising more than $6000 throughout the month.
- EFGA launched a new awareness campaign, #1in26, encouraging supporters and followers to use the hashtag with 1in26 in all their social media postings. 1 in 26 stands for the number of people who will develop epilepsy in their lifetime.
- The Emergency Medication Fund has assisted 89 patients for a total of $33,943 to date.
- A total of 74 Educational In-Services were held in 130 different counties, reaching 6,507 people.
- More than 2500 information and referral calls were handled by EFGA staff.
- Support groups were added in 2 new cities, Columbus and Dalton.
- EFGA’s Board of Directors and Professional Advisory Board worked diligently together to form our official statement regarding medical marijuana. You can read our stance and stay up to date with information here.
It is because of your support we had so many great accomplishments this year! We are very proud of our efforts 2014 and look forward to a even better 2015!