Get Involved – How To Help!
By hosting a third party fundraising or awareness event to benefit EFGA you can help raise funds and awareness for the 150,000 Georgians living with epilepsy. With your help, EFGA can reach more supporters in your community helping improve the lives of those who have epilepsy. There are many ways that you can help raise awareness and funds – everything from a golf tournament at your local course to a dining out night at local restaurants to a bake sale at your school. Any way that you can help raise funds and awareness for epilepsy is greatly appreciated!
We welcome the opportunity to work with you to increase awareness of our programs, build community support and raise funds for our programs and services. If you are interested in planning and hosting an event to benefit EFGA, please review the following steps to plan and host your event. We have found that thoughtful planning ensures an enjoyable and successful event!
Steps to Hosting an Event Benefiting the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia
- Review the Event Ideas and FAQs below. Then you can start thinking about what kind of event you would like to see in your community.
- Check out the Tips for Hosting Third Party Events
- Read the Event Planning Guidelines information packet and review the event questionnaire.
- Complete the event questionnaire in the Event Planning Guidelines and return to EFGA. If you have any questions along the way, you can contact Aly at email@example.com or (404)527-7155. A timeline should be attached with the questionnaire to ensure the time frame is appropriate.
- Once the event is approved by EFGA, collaborate with EFGA to execute a marketing and promotional campaign of the event that includes, but not limited to: local publication press releases, e-mail newsletter insertion, e-mail blasts, flyer creation/distribution and local/peer group networking activities.
- Send reminders to your networks, friends and family the week prior to the event.
- Have fun and raise money for EFGA’s programs and services!
- Collaborate with the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia to complete event wrap-up and follow-up. This includes sending all thank you notes to vendors, donors, volunteers and planning committee.
As for most organizations, it is very important to have participation from supporters of EFGA and their communities. You can help by putting together a third party event to help raise funds and create awareness for those who are living will epilepsy! No event is too small; find something that would be successful in your community. It could be a bake sale at your school, a dining out night at your favorite restaurant or even something like a golf tournament! Check out the event ideas and see what could work for your community. Have other ideas? Review EFGA’s Event Planning Guidelines to learn how to get started planning your event today.
These are just a couple ideas to help get you started – if you have another event idea in mind please feel free to contact EFGA to discuss the details and how to get started! You can also review the Event Planning Guidelines for more information. Thanks for considering EFGA to benefit from your event!
Third Party Event FAQs
The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia is not financially or otherwise liable for the promotion and/or staging of fundraising events by any third-party organizations/individuals. The sponsoring organization/individual may not incur any financial or other obligations on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia. The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia will provide certificates of insurance as required by local, state and federal laws, for events which meet our Fundraising Guidelines and have been approved, in writing, by EFGA. The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia cannot be held responsible in any way for casualties and/or situations that occur at your fundraising event or promotion.